The 523 formation in hattrick seems very useful by defense coaches, although surprisingly we see it rarely. You train 5 defenders and totally renounce the possession of the ball, to play against with three forwards that are scary. Dangerous but fun.
Standard mode (most used)
Five defenses, the kids you are training, a wall in continuous formation. Generally the lateral defenses are put in ‘defensive’, and the central ones or in ‘normal’ or in ‘towards the lateral one’, to compensate well the defense.
Two midfielders are often used as ‘offensive extremes’ to achieve attacks by the gangs.
Three front up to hunt the counterattacks, multiple combinations. One or two can be put ‘to the side’ to achieve strong attacks on the sides.
Few variations here, although if you have any side defense, you can play in ‘normal’ to increase that band’s attack.
You can use two midfielders with passes, which put in ‘offensive’ further increase the central attack. The other option is to use ‘offensive’ extremes.
As we have said right now, or midfielders or extremes. If you use extremes, they will be with the order in ‘offensive’. ‘Towards the middle’ makes no sense.
The instructions to the strikers will depend on how our midfielders are placed. If we use two ‘offensive’ extremes, the strikers are usually placed ‘towards the side’, to achieve two strong attacks.
On the contrary, if we have used two ‘offensive’ midfielders, it may be better option to use the strikers as ‘normal’, achieving central attack.
In any case, with 3 strikers there are multiple options, it will try to see where we want to reach out to the opponent.
Workouts and 523
– Goalkeepers : in all formations a goalkeeper plays, therefore 523 is as good for goal as any other.
– Defense : 5 defenses and the increasingly high wall fits perfectly. You will also improve your ‘counterattack’ tactic, which you will always use with this training
– Playmaking : fatal, don’t even contemplate it. Only 2 players in the midfield.
– Winger : if you use two ends, it’s a good combination. Gradually you would reinforce your attacks, being a fearsome team to kickback.
– Scoring : Three strikers, the maximum possible, and each time with more attack. Good combination, although having such a strong attack, you may want to take advantage of it by gaining possession with other formations.
– Other : ‘side attacks’ would fit well with 523 if you use two offensive ends, but the truth That is a very strange option. If you are adventurous, do it and tell us.